20 September 2012

A bit of love for The Body Shop

Hello!
I’ve bought a few new products this month so I thought I'd share some of the good stuff!
Recently I have been suffering pretty badly from eczema, it’s nothing really that new for me as I've had it all my life, but sometimes it's less manageable than others and I just wish I could find the magical cure.
I noticed that it's been getting a lot worse on my face over the last couple of months, mainly on my cheeks, and although my friends and family say that they can’t notice it, I KNOW it’s there, so I'm pretty paranoid about. It’s also tricky to cover up as my skin gets so dry and any foundation or concealer goes all clumpy and cakey over it. Lovely!
So, after trying several different moisturisers and skin products without much luck, I decided to give The Body Shop a whirl. They were offering a 35% off promotion and free delivery, so after reading a few reviews of different products, I settled on these two:



The cleanser is nice and gentle, I only really bought it because I was in dire need of a new one, but the real star of the show is the Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. It’s quite a thick cream and my skin absorbs it easily. On the day it arrived I smothered quite a lot of it on just before I went to bed and in the morning I could notice a huge difference with my eczema. It had nearly gone from my right cheek, and a tiny bit left of my left cheek.
I’ve been applying this pretty liberally about twice a day since I got it, I can’t believe how soft my skin is. However, it is a very intense cream and unless you have very dry skin like me, it probably won’t be as beneficial to use that much of it. It's a brilliant product and I’m really chuffed with it.


While I was buying these, I sneakily added a couple of their Born Lippy Sticks into my basket. They’re really inexpensive (£3 each) and I usually shy away from lipstick as I have little lips, so I liked the idea of coloured balm.

To be honest, I wish I’d gone for a different colour instead of the pink berry as it's very pale and doesn’t really make any different when it’s on (in fact I think it makes me look a bit sickly), but I’m a huge fan of the plum version. I bought it on a whim – I never wear dark shades on my lips – but it’s not hugely pigmented and just gives my lips a bit more colour, something I think I’ll be needing a bit more of over the next few months! As you can see in the photos, the pink berry is much paler than the image on the product suggests – I think strawberry might be a better option. Nonetheless, they both smell yummy.

Finally, I received my very first Glossy Box today! I really love the pattern on the box, I'm definitely going to keep it so I can store things in it.

Glossy Box: 1. Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance, 2. Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial, 3. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, 4. Maghrabian Hair Oil, 5. Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream.
I can’t wait to give these products a try, especially the Maghrabian hair oil as I’ve actually been considering buying one similar for a little while now. Did anyone else get a Glossy Box this month? What did you think of the products?


5 comments:

  1. Love your blog - following! I've just started blogging over at http://saskiasattic.blogspot.co.uk/ - perhaps you'd be kind enough to have a look?

    Thanks! Saskia ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, of course I'll have a look at yours! xx

      Delete
  2. oh i do love the body shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I was really pleasantly surprised with it! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...