7 July 2013

Sunshine Capital


This weekend was the sunniest of the sunny. Actually, I may have complained to Simon on more than one occasion that I was melting. I'm finally cooling down a little now, but let's just say that the packed train home with no air con earlier was NOT the highlight of my day.
Last night we had a barbecue at my flat to bid farewell to my friend Tasha who is moving back up north (sob), and my housemate butterflied a whole chicken which was incredible.
Today Simon and I had big plans to watch the tennis on the big screen at Tower Bridge, but they fell flat when we saw how packed it was! Instead, we wandered to Green Park and relaxed under the shade of a tree. A little a bit of an anticlimax but still lovely.
Last week Simon found out that he has a permanent job where he's been interning for the past month (yipee!) so we can now properly start the hunt for our first flat together. Wish us luck!
How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time - I keep hearing how great the British weather is at the moment, finally some summer weather! That barge looks so fun with all the flowers on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile. I've only ever been to London during the winter, but as I scrolled through your photos, I recognized the city in all it's summery glory! Win a pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses from Firmoo!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is lovely in summer, it's just a shame the sun doesn't come out too often! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...