24 February 2014

Weekend Dash


Saturday was one of those crazy days where Simon and I had a list of things to do, but we seemed incapable of doing them in any sensible order. We ended up dashing to different corners of London to get everything done. At least my oyster card feels loved!
My skin's being a nightmare at the moment so I decided to get the bareMinerals foundation in the hope that minerals won't irritate it any more (so far so good) and then we wandered round the Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road. Have you been in there? It's enormous! Obviously, tackling Oxford Street on a Saturday is exhausting so we had to stop for some lunch in a surprisingly quiet Pret. I love the pain au raisins in there, I think they must coat them in sugar or something.
The top photos are taken outside the Rosewood Hotel and Holborn Delicatessen after we had to pop to Chancery Lane to visit the Argos there (nope, life doesn't get much more glamorous than that!).
In the evening we had tickets to see Pixar in concert at the Royal Albert Hall so we got the tube to Kensington. After we picked up our tickets we had some more food with a couple of friends at Le Comptoir. I only had frozen yogurt as I was still pretty full from lunch but everyone seemed to enjoy what they had ordered. I also had a fresh lemonade that tasted a lot like what I would imagine fabric conditioner to taste like...
Going to the Royal Albert Hall is always a bit of a treat and the performance was amazing. And we got ice cream in the interval of course!
Have you been to any shows lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...